Ah the sweet, sweet science of sound. What would the rainfall patterns over Finland sound like if played on tuba? Sarah Angliss of madartlab.com looks into the peculiar practice of taking raw data and making it into music, in the splendid Euler’s Number and the price of fish.
Listen to the Show!
- PMB222: Ironic Viking Pillow (Stardrive, Stelvio Cipriani, Moondog, John Dankworth Big Band, Chick Vekters, Orlando, Alex Puddu & Edda Dell’Orso, Jean-Jacques Perrey & David Chazam, Keith Mansfield, R. Stevie Moore, Lord Sitar)
- Cool Daddio: The Second Youth of R. Stevie Moore | kickstarter | video
- PMB221: Beside the Seaside (Mark Sheridan, Delia Derbyshire, The Conch Man, Karl Swoboda, Esquivel, Eletronico, Alan Hawkshaw, Tipsy, Johnny Hawksworth, Johnny Gwendy)
- Popcorn on a robotic glockenspiel | video
- PMB220: Fruit Cocktail (Les Baxter, Johnny Pineapple, Perrey & Kingsley, Data 70, Oranj Symphonette, The Dankworth Big Band, Reg Wale Orchestra, Lullatone, Raymond Scott, Titanic, Hugo Montenegro, Frank Zappa)
- PMB219: The Moonbase Manifesto (Enoch Light, ComputeHer, James Clarke, Vic Hammett, Jean-Jacques Perrey/Dana Countryman, Kim Loy Wong, Maddalena Fagandini, Como Carousel, Esquivel, The Mike Sammes Singers & The Ted Taylor Organsound, Wing)
designer, illustrator andyfielding