Ah the sweet, sweet science of sound. What would the rainfall patterns over Finland sound like if played on tuba? Sarah Angliss of madartlab.com looks into the peculiar practice of taking raw data and making it into music, in the splendid Euler’s Number and the price of fish.
Listen to the Show!
- PMB216: Rough Diamonds (Tätärä, The Ventures, Scott Ludwig & Maximillian, Leo Diamond, The Bird & The Bee, Les Baxter, Marty Gold, William Shatner, Roy Budd, Harry Partch, Ferrante & Teicher, Dario Russo, Esso Steel Band)
- PMB215: It’s About Time (Mickey Katz, Hot Butter, David McCallum, The Twelve Hour Foundation, Raymond Scott And Go Home Productions, Dick Hyman, Dondero High School, Geoff Love, Art Van Damme, The Moog Cookbook, Ruth White)
- Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared – Time | video
- PMB214: Chinese Zodiac – Year of the Goat (Belbury Poly, Ananda Shankar, Pandora Orchestra, Johnny Hawksworth Orchestra, Lenny Dee, Yvette Horner, The Belafonte Singers, Mandingo, Tony Carey, Maxo, DJ Rekha, Señor Coconut, Balsara & His Singing Sitars)
- PMB213: Revenge of the Robots (Kim & Buran, The Aquabats!, 8-Bit Arcade, Meridian Brothers, Logan 5, I Am Robot And Proud, Tonto’s Expanding Head Band, The Earthlings, Quinton Sung)
- NAMM 2015 Highlights
designer, illustrator andyfielding