We were saddened to hear of the recent passing of the man who played the greatest scruffy detective on TV, Peter Falk. We’re great fans of Mr Falk here at the Moonbase and so we thought we’d turn this week’s show over to the theme of detective work. As a result, you’ll hear lots of our favourite cop show themes, though not necessarily as you may have heard them before.
In addition to all the cop show action, we’re also excited to say that we have a bit of an exclusive in the form of an excerpt from a documentary coming up on BBC Radio 4 on Tuesday 5 July at 1:30pm by friend of the show, Sarah Angliss. The documentary is called The Bird Fancyer’s Delight and looks at what we used to do for home entertainment before the advent of the Binatone games console and the radiogram, ie: training birds to reproduce popular hits of the day.
Project Moonbase is listener supported. So next time you buy anything from Amazon, please go via our Amazon affiliate link. It won’t cost you anything, is totally anonymous and best of all it helps keep the show running. Thank you!
The Unnecessary News
- Plymouth council proposes bollards that look like children
- Circus offers treatment for clown-phobia
- Dog Believed to Be Reincarnation of Lawyer Sentenced to Death by Stoning
- Taiwan: Blogger fined $7K, jailed for 30 days over negative noodle review
- AutoWed vending machine concept offers marriage of convenience, nuptials at $1 a pop
- Fifa Women’s World Cup 2011: Meet Ophira the successor to Paul the octopus