It’s time for some shameless opportunism on the show this week as we jump on the bandwagon of celebration taking place to mark the 20th anniversary of the release of Nirvana’s Nevermind. As with our previous track-for-track covers of Kraftwerk’s Man Machine and the Beatles’ White Album, we believe we can improve on the original. So for this show we have cracking cover versions of 9 of the 13 tracks on the album, covering genres as far flung as German lounge, Basque doo-wop, Russian chiptune and even some reggae from Kingston Jamaica.
Project Moonbase is listener supported. So next time you buy anything from Amazon, please go via our Amazon affiliate link. It won’t cost you anything, is totally anonymous and best of all it helps keep the show running. Thank you!
The Unnecessary News
- Ernest Shackleton biscuit from 1907 South Pole expedition to sell for £1,500
- Dino Feathers Found In Amber
- Hugh Laurie is most watched man on television
- 50 New Planets Discovered, Possibly Including Habitable ‘Super-Earth’
- People Who Are Afraid of Wi-Fi Have Found a Town in West Virginia That Bans Wireless Signals for 13,000 Square Miles
- Meet the world’s largest natural afro hair-do