This week we featured tracks from new releases by Eine Kleine Nachtmuzik and I Am Robot and Proud. Tangerine Dream were in town for a show so for the first (and probably last) time in the life of Project Moonbase we played a track by these pioneers of German 70s prog.
1. Enoch Light – Marrakesh Express (Permissive Polyphonics, 1970)
2. Eddie Warner – Crazy Fiddles (Music for Dancefloors: The Cream of the Chappell Music Library Sessions, 2001)
3. Bert Kaempfert – Bert’s Bossa Nova (That Latin Feeling, 1964)
4. Tangerine Dream – Le Parc (L.A. – Streethawk theme) (Le Parc, 1985)
5. Eine Kleine Nacht Musik – Bardolator (Eine Kleine Nacht Musik, 2008)
6. I Am Robot and Proud – The Melt (Uphill City, 2008)
7. Ron Grainer – Playing It Cool
8. Tipsy – El Bombo Atomico (Trip Tease, 1997)
9. Nino Nardini – Tropical (Luke Vibert’s Nuggets, 2001)
10. Johnny Keating – Bali Ha’i (Temptation/Percussive Moods, 1962)
11. Flanger – Galak (Outer Space / Inner Space, 2001)
12. Señor Coconut – Que Rico El Mambo (Around The World, 2008)
13. Klaus Wunderlich – Besame Mucho (Latin Festival)
- A Japanese man wants marriages between humans and cartoon characters to be made legal.
- Robots or Dinosaurs? You decide.
- Royal Society of Chemistry requests ‘Italian Job’ ending
- Welsh road sign gaffe
- Pub-goers to be tested for drugs.
- German traffic cops angered by British driver.
- A giant Lego man has washed up on a beach in Brighton.
- London’s new bomb-proof bins will survive the apocalypse .
- LEGO figures to re-enact Germany history (via Fortean Times blog)
- Just what is inside TV detector vans?
- The last VHS recorder
- Dr Who quits