Bringing the 2012 Edinburgh International Science Festival to a suitably cosmological conclusion, Brighton’s Spacedog and the crew from Edinburgh-based retro-futuristic podcast Project Moonbase make a rare visit to planet Earth. With old film footage, live theremin and truly modern robotic instruments, Rocket Lolly is a cabaret evening like no other. Merging retro-science gems – think space-age fashions, smoking robots and other strange visions of the future – with sparkling tunes from the outer reaches of the known musical universe, it’s a guaranteed feast of retro-futurist fun.
Listen to the Show!
- Super Galactic Modulation
- The Twelve Hour Foundation: Concrete Jingles mini-album / EP. Including The Project Moonbase Theme. Proceeds donated to The Charles Bell Pavilion (brain and neurological rehabilitation)
- PAUSE Project Moonbase – Not in service
- PMB S03E05 Basil: The Kirchin Experience (Ivor & Basil Kirchin Band, The Basil Kirchin Band, Johnny Keating, Broadcast, The High Llamas, Stereolab, Basil Kirchin & Jack Nathan)
- Britain’s top Swing band | The Ivor & Basil Kirchin Band – Drum Fire Dance | video
- PMB S03E04 Shapes (Michael Cole/Michael Jessett, Sellorekt/LA Dreams, i am robot and proud, The Pierre Arvay Orchestra, Jez Butler, John Baker, [PHYSICS], Bernie Green & His Orchestra, Harmonic 33, Griff, Csum, Acts Travel, N99, Our Albert)
designer, illustrator andyfielding