A show of many parts this week for you dear listener. The show kicks off with a track from a project we recently blogged about: a meeting of minds between Swedish chiptune and German jazz.
We also have an extraordinary version of Look of Love from a recent Martin Denny reissue on Dutton Vocalion, two tracks by friends of the show, a track from the new album by Hamilton Yarns, a track from volume 2 of the two-volume Electronic which Tod Dockstader recorded for library music label Boosey and Hawkes and plenty more besides.
Oh, if anyone happens to know what we’re referencing for the puzzling title of this week’s show, do please get in touch. If you’re the first person to work it out we’ll see if we can rummage something out of the Moonbox for you.
Project Moonbase is listener supported. So next time you buy anything from Amazon, please go via our Amazon affiliate link. It won’t cost you anything, is totally anonymous and best of all it helps keep the show running. Thank you!
The Unnecessary News
- Iranian Space Monkey Fraud
- Pantone colour of the year 2013 Emerald 17-5641
- Dogwalker finds whale vomit worth £100,000
- Inverness attacking eagle owl remains at large
- Lance Armstrong books headed to fiction section of Australian library
- Chinese businessman sells canned air to smog-choked citizens