This week on the show we wish a very happy 75th birthday to pop and theme tune composer extraordinaire Tony Hatch. Of course, this does mean that Tony isn’t quite eligible for entry into the Moonbase Hall of Fame (which has a minimum age requirement of 80). But we feel sure that in the next five years Tony will produce many more classic tunes and we look forward to formally inducting him in 2019.
We’ve tried to bring you some of Tony Hatch’s less well-known compositions as well as some cover versions of classic Hatch which will hopefully result in a quizzical look or two.
Project Moonbase is listener supported. So next time you buy anything from Amazon, please go via our Amazon affiliate link. It won’t cost you anything, is totally anonymous and best of all it helps keep the show running. Thank you!
The Unnecessary News
- Official: snowballs are in fact cakes, says taxman
- Fart smells have big health benefits, say Exeter scientists
- Woman Eats Dog Food for a Month to Prove It Is Just as Nutritious as Human Food
- Scots gingers ‘could become extinct’ thanks to sun
- Emotional ‘Onion Notebook’ Makes You Cry When You Write in It
- Men would rather give themselves an electric shock than sit and think