We love this wonderful bit of kinetic typographical animation for Weird Al’s new Robin Thicke parody “Word Crimes”. Who knew Al was such a stickler? Al calls out many crimes including my own personal bête noire “I could care less.”. This track is not only catchy but also a delight for grammarians and pedants everywhere. Furthermore it is chock full of educational nuggets; Where else will you hear “educate ya” rhymed with “nomenclature”? Nowhere, that’s where. It’s Like Fowler’s Modern English Usage but danceable. Weird Al, we salute you.
Listen to the Show!
- Jeff Burke – Get Lucky arranged for Bassoon and Theremin
- AMS – Synaesthetic Sequencer in Edinburgh
- PMB190: Errata and Addenda (Chim Kothari, Dick Oliver, Dan W, Alfred Ho, Ocobar, Brett Domino, Eric Cartman feat. Kenny & Kyle, Secret Chiefs 3: FORMS, Aby Ngana Diop)
- Discovering Scarfolk – for tourists and other trespassers by Richard Littler
- PMB189: Java Juice and the Caffeine Infusion (Edmundo Ros, Herbie Mann, Jean-Jacques Perrey, R. Stevie Moore, Jez Butler, Raymond Scott, Les Baxter, Henry Mancini, Gordon Jenkins Presents Marshall Royal, Oon, Udo Jürgens)
designer, illustrator andyfielding