On this special bumper edition of the show we’ll be celebrating the astonishing, iconic work of the greatest film soundtrack composer of the 20th century, John Barry, who sadly left us last weekend. His music was known – and loved – by literally millions of people. In fact it’s hard to imagine anyone in the Western world who isn’t at least aware of the great man’s music. Honorary Moon Lord John Barry will be greatly missed.
For our own humble celebration of the great man’s work, every tune on this week’s show is a Barry composition. Some are played by the man himself but mostly they’re played in a selection of weird and wonderful ways by some of our favourite artists.
In addition to all the John Barry, MC Zirconium will also be asking us to contemplate the handsome dining room of the Hotel Wessex with its gilded plaster shields and the mural depicting the green mountains.
download the MP3.
Project Moonbase is listener supported. So next time you buy anything from Amazon, please go via our Amazon affiliate link. It won’t cost you anything, is totally anonymous and best of all it helps keep the show running. Thank you!
The Unnecessary News
- 7 Year old boy, buys £70,000 fighter jet on eBay
- Clean up the ocean by breeding vast herds of sea cucumbers, then eating them
- Giant net to sweep up space junk?
- Drunk scientists pour wine on superconductors and make an incredible discovery
- Cabin crew reveal oddest requests from travellers
- ‘Jenius’ shows off his misspelt tattoo in mugshot