With our recent obsession with themes we’ve not had a chance to catch up with some great new releases and reissues which have arrived at the base via Moon-pod.
So no particular theme this week as we bring you music from two new compilations of TV and library music from Soul Jazz and Winchester Hospital Radio, a track from Laetitia Sadier’s new album, a reissue of an old educational gem by Dorothy Collins, some fine new chip-prog from Norway and a track from Shawn Lee’s alluringly titled new album Synthesizers in Space.
We also have the penultimate release from the epic 3-year project by “Roger and Dave” to record ukulele versions of all 185 Beatles compositions as well as a version of show favourite Caravan and the most extraordinary sounds made by an extremely run-down calliope from Como Zoo.
Project Moonbase is listener supported. So next time you buy anything from Amazon, please go via our Amazon affiliate link. It won’t cost you anything, is totally anonymous and best of all it helps keep the show running. Thank you!
The Unnecessary News
- Joan Rivers Handcuffs Self to Shopping Cart in Costco Store to Protest Chain’s Ban of Her Latest Book
- Careful bear breaks into candy store
- Squeeze a leaf, check your email
- Power of Whale Poop
- Chef creates sleep inducing insomnia-no-more lamb masala
- Weird weather rains seaweed over Gloucestershire village