This week we return to a news story we covered recently in which mathematician Alex Bellos sought to find out why people have a favourite number and what in fact the most popular numbers around the world are.
So in true Pick of the Pops style we bring you the world’s top ten favourite numbers, through the medium of chiptune, erotic Italian soundtrack music, library music and cha cha.
We also invite you to play Moon Bingo along with the show this week, using the cover art for the show to mark off each number as it comes up, perhaps downing a glass of port each time you find one. The first listener to call “house” will also win a prize, but only if you manage to get your entry to us here at the Moonbase in a sealed envelope.
Project Moonbase is listener supported. So next time you buy anything from Amazon, please go via our Amazon affiliate link. It won’t cost you anything, is totally anonymous and best of all it helps keep the show running. Thank you!
The Unnecessary News
- For Some Strange Reason the Nurses at This Chinese Hospital Dress Like Flight Attendants
- Mystery artist turns dog feces into gold in Brooklyn
- Hamuketsu: Japan’s new craze for hamster bottoms
- Team of scientists discovers a way to induce lucid dreams in people
- FBI Hiring Stoners To Help Fight Hackers
- Amazonian Butterflies Drinking Turtle Tears